Monday 27 February 2012

It's been a while...



The last six weeks or so have been busy. Almost every spare moment has been taken up by "the project". (I did  have a week off when  #1 son was on school holiday.  It's his surprise).   The pile of yarn on the previous post has been transformed.  Firstly it was transformed into 927 teeny tiny squares.
This is what 927 squares looks like.


Doesn't look much does it?

Well, let me assure you, it looks very much different now!

All my teeny tiny squares have been sewn together.  I am finishing off the edging.

I've been taking "the project" to my knit and natter group.  On Friday I finally finished the sewing up and held it up to show the group.  I was thoroughly surprised when a random stranger in the cafe where we meet came up to say how brilliant it was.  I'm so excited I just want to get it finished now.  I reckon it'll be another couple of days and then I can post my big "ta-dahhhh"



                         

No comments:

Post a Comment