Friday 16 December 2011

Wanted...More hours in the day

Busy. Busy. Busy.

As the title of my last blog said....So much to do and so little time.

The big brown blanket is finished.  Gone off to it's new home.  A quick run through the washer, and the scratchy-ness was almost gone.  A few more washes and it will be lovely and soft.



The "Secret Santa" cushion cover was made, and finished and is winging it's way across the seas.  Again, it was made from the scratchy wool, but it looked lovely, and washing instructions were included.



I managed to squeeze in a few bits for my knitting groups Christmas stall.  There were my flower pin cushions, which I forgot to photograph, Some mini santa's, reindeer and snowmen, (pics to follow) and this rather simple and very lovely cushion, which didn't even make it to the stall, but was snapped up by another group member for rather a sizeable donation.  All proceeds from the sale went to the RNLI.  A very worthwhile cause, especially for us coastal dwellers.



I also made 8 mug cosys, filled the mugs with chocolate, and hot chocolate sachets and marshmallows, and wrapped them for my daughters friends.  Totally forgot to take pictures ...Doh * slaps self on head in Homer Simpson style*  Trust me...they were brilliant!

And finally.....
Another blanket.  This took 2 weeks of solid hooking.  Every spare moment.  I did at least 4 hours a day on this.  6 or more most days.  It's a Christmas present for someone who helped us out last year when we were really stuck, and helped us out again this year.  My "good samaritan".  I hope he likes it



I've also managed to squeeze in 2 carol concerts, a class assembly and a trip to see the school choir at the library in the last week.  Daughter 2 has presented me with a latch-hook ladybird which she wants me to make into a cushion "for nanny...for Christmas..."  Right-ho....what colour do you want that in...."



No comments:

Post a Comment